About the CCW Class:
This class meets all the Illinois state requirements to qualify students to receive a concealed carry permit. Students will receive the required Certificate of Completion at the class. The class is a total of 16 hours, broken into two, 8 hour sessions (8am-5pm for two days). Class content will include:
- Basic firearm handling safety rules
- Home & vehicle storage as well as public and private storage locations
- Handgun Basics and Mechanics
- Firing Stances & Malfunctions Clearing
- Basic Principles of Marksmanship
- Care, Cleaning, Loading, Unloading of a Concealable Firearm
- Weapon Handling including concealment fundamentals
- Illinois Gun Ownership Laws
- Illinois Concealed Carry Laws
- Illinois Justifiable and Physical Force Laws
How do you Register for Class:
Where Is This Class Being Held:
This class will be held at our West Chicago / Villa Park location. (Learn more about it here) After your registration is complete the class address will display on screen and it will be emailed to you with your receipt. We do not publish the exact address online because the range where we host the class is a private, member only gun range. Be sure to check your JUNK MAIL folder.
What Do You Have to Bring to the Class:
- BOTH days of class you must bring a firearm. NO magnum calibers, derringers, lasers, Hi-Points, Jennings, Lorcin, Rave, haskell, single-action revolvers, firearm w/o trigger guard, or any firearm considered unsafe by the instructor (ask if you have doubts). Bring your firearm cased and unloaded. If shooting a semi-auto you will need at least 2 magazines.
- BRING 100 rounds of ammunition (not included in class price). 20 rounds for practice and 30 rounds for qualifying exam. The additional 50 rounds will be used only if you need to re-take the qualifying exam. NO HOLLOW POINTS.
- BRING hearing and eye protection. The instructor has a few spare pairs for those who may not have something but supply is very limited.
- BRING Concealment holster and a belt if needed to use your holster. *You will not be shooting from your concealment holster. It will be used to practice drawing with your unloaded firearm. Please bring the holster that you will be using to conceal your firearm after getting your permit. Any concealment holster will be fine (purse, vest, waistband, shoulder, ankle, pocket, etc).
- BRING a baseball cap, vest, button-up shirt, or light jacket to conceal your firearm. (NO Sandals or opened toe shoes on the range)
- BRING Valid FOID Card and a Copy of your FOID card. (Expired FOID cards are not accepted) (Read our Guide on FOID cards if you have questions)
Qualify For Arizona and Virginia Permits:
This training also qualifies students to apply for the Arizona and Virginia state permits which may have incremental reciprocity. If you do a lot of traveling you may consider applying for these additional permits. That is three states in one class… (we think its a good value). For more information read our guide to Obtaining Multiple Permits.
*Please note that credit card charges will show up as JP Squared Consulting